The MEF is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization established in 2007. Our purpose is to raise funds and build community support for enhanced opportunities for teachers and students in the Missoula County Public Schools. We believe that every child deserves a quality education and that the vitality of our community is only as strong as the quality of education its students receive. We all have a stake in ensuring that students in our community experience relevant, innovative and engaging learning experiences. With your help, we can deliver on our mission to enhance educational opportunities in our public schools by promoting community investment in Missoula’s most vital resource, our children. Please peruse our website to learn more about our programs and ways that you can become involved.
To provide opportunities for enhanced student learning, foster teacher creativity, and recognize the exceptional educators in Missoula County Public Schools.
The MEF is committed to enhancing student success by recognizing our outstanding educators, supporting creative learning programs and providing scholarships for students through our partnerships.
Our Core Values:
- We believe in high quality, inspiring educational opportunities for all students.
- We value the vital work of the past, present and future teachers in our students’ lives.
- We believe that learning sustains and enriches life.
- We believe that children should be nurtured and challenged to reach their full potential.
- We believe an investment in education pays the highest dividends.
- We promote teachers to be creative in the classroom with our classroom grant program.
- We recognize our educators for outstanding performance through the MEF Educator of the Year awards.
- We develop leaders through our student board.
- We provide scholarships for students through our partnerships.